Sunday, September 13, 2009

Krusell Classic Multidapt Leather Case with SpringClip for Nokia E71 (Black)

Price: $19.99
Manufacturer: Krusell
Buy from amazon.com

The key feature on the Krusell Classic case is its tight fit. That make even very small phones look great in their case. The case is made in carefully selected buffalo leather and designed to fit 100% to each individual phone. Sleek and stylish, these cases are a favorite with people who want quick and easy access to their device. The patented Multidapt system is the hub of the Krusell assortment. Having the Multidapt "female" on the Krusell case opens up endless possibilities on how to carry a device.

Information

  • Amazon Sales Rank: #743 in Cell Phone Accessories
  • Color: Black
  • Brand: Krusell
  • Model: 89356
  • Dimensions: .13 pounds
  • Includes spring clip
  • Made from high quality Nappa Leather
  • Soft leather lining
  • Cutouts to access all of your phones functions while still in its protective case
  • Precision molded case to perfectly fit your device

Product Reviews

Decent case
Bought this case for my E71. It initially took some time to get the phone in the case as it was a really tight fit. Now the case has formed to the phone and is fairly easy to remove/install the phone. Most of the openings line up correctly but I have had issues with the charing hole as the opening is a bit off center. I have to be careful not to bump the phone while charging it as the charger can't fully connect because of the case and the slightest movement causes the charge to come out.

I would like to see a storage slot for Micro SD cards on this case.

I have dropped the phone twice now, once on a tile floor and the other on concrete, so far no damage to the phone or case.

I have paired this case with the leather swivel belt clip and I love the locking mechanism and swivel of the belt clip. I also use the windshield mount when using GPS and it works okay. I do have some problems with the suction cup coming loose when adjusting the phone.

Overall I am impressed with the Krusell multidapt system and I would purchase Krusell products again, including this case.

Nice looking case but be warned
I got this case based on reviews from other users who have said the case works very well. Indeed, the case looks very nice and fits the phone very well. The hole for the charger if off center, but all other cut-outs are aligned well.

My main issue with this case is that I put the phone into it for the first time and noticed that the clear shield over the screen/keyboard had some scratches on it so I took the phone out of the case to see if what I thought were scratches were maybe just smudges and I could clean them off (this ended up not being the case - there were two rather large scratches over the portion that covers the screen). So I went to clean off the screen of my phone to put it back in the case and the phone had numerous vertical scratches on the screen that were not there before (I have only had the phone for two days and prior to getting this case I still had the factory screen protector on it, so I know the scratches were not there before). I know I can get screen protectors for the screen to eliminate more scratches; however, the damage is already done.

This is too bad since the case looks so nice. I guess I should have known better, but I won't be fooled again (fool me twice, shame on me). I am returning this case and will just have to deal with the scratches on my new Nokia E71.

Hit and Miss Quality
So, I've bought two of these cases now. The first was pretty much flawless upon arrival, and fit the phone perfectly. About two months after purchasing it my e71 took a spill on concrete. No damage to the phone itself, but the case was scuffed and some of the leather ripped up along the edge. It did its job well, though, and I decided I'd replace it with a new one. The second case comes and it already has damage to the clear plastic screen cover, it also doesn't really fit the phone correctly. I figure it will stretch to shape and put up with the flawed plastic cover. Two weeks later and it still is off completely and makes it difficult to access ports and some buttons. I've since gone back to my original banged up case since even though it doesn't look as good, it at least fits correctly.


No comments:

Post a Comment